Last week we discussed our journey with choice of expression and decided this week that we would set the path for a discussion on Iterative learning through goal setting. As we are planning and discussing we quickly realized that we had other urgent matters that needed to be discussed, knowing that this is not the place for discussions on logistics. We decided to address Iterative learning through classroom management and shared common goals that we need in place for our cycle to succeed. Once a week is not enough time to meet to effectively run a cycle so we have decided to meet every Monday to discuss logistics. Our pink elephant has been addressed now on to planning! I am looking forward to the direction of our team as we created the bullet points below. At times it is good to venture off the path in order to create common goals we should all work on being honest in meetings to create mutual respect professionally and personally.
In order to use our meeting time wisely we decided to create 5 meeting norms that will be followed weekly:
- Start/end on time whether or not everyone’s here
- Have a set agenda
- Be open and honest
- Stay present and focused on the group
- parking lot non-instructional issues
We also discussed how we will use the time:
- debrief / share out what you’re doing in class (set timer)
- what you’re teaching
- what’s working / not working
- dive deep into one person’s class - look at student writing (high / med / low levels)
- how do we use revision (iterative learning)
- how do we manage our classes to allow for it?
→ everyone bring in a high/med/low writing sample
6/7th team member