Here are the point we noticed after our play.
- too much… kids get too excited then
- students may get territorial of materials
- used each others ideas, making suggestions
- stakes were low because we were playing, it was okay to make mistakes
- frustration was seen when ideas were not working
- Collaboration, maybe one person doing all the work the rest not contributing
- Once the students were successful add on another level
- Students will share each other ideas
- Give simple directions
- Will this be too difficult for the students? Will they need more guideline?
Doing the play was very helpful for me to prepare for it in my own classroom. I was able to see problems that may occur with students and then could talk out the solutions with my team. This definitely helped me prepare for my play lesson and the students absolutely loved it! So far I have 2 students who successful built a wind tool!