What collaboration IS:
- Working together during all aspects of the day.
- Solving problems together.
- Working together towards being independent and interdependent.
- Recognizing each others strengths and weaknesses.
and what collaboration ISN'T:
- Drawing or writing from own perspective and ignoring the big picture.
The next steps are how can we promote collaboration in our classrooms? How can we guide collaboration in project based learning AND how can we promote collaboration in all aspects of our day? A wise person once said, " We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others are bright, some have weird names, but we have to learn to live in the same box." We want our students to recognize each others diverse characteristics and recognize how we can be that big box of crayons. The 64 pack with the sharpener in the back!