UIC Research: Teachers as learners, Becca, Emily, and Melissa
Discussion: What are some of your impressions on the blog posts? What stood out to you?
Reflect on previous discuccion on collabotation.
What wasn’t clear to you? Laboring together? Can teachers collaborate? Y/N? Why?
Structures to Scaffold
- Family Meetings to message importance of working together and supporting each other (instead of feeling jealous)
- Peer tutoring (Fun Fridays)
- Distribute personalities and abilities based on need and interactions
- Motivator, Writer, Supplies management, but don’t tell them their jobs, just understand their tendencies
- Managing personal dynamics
- Self-assessment for early childhood
- Set them up for success, engagement
Student work recording:
What are we going to try out and bring in next week to look at?
-Concrete structures of trials.
Orozco: kitchen tools, use to change the consistency of a food item (taking turns using the tool, discussing, collecting data) Wednesday
Benitez: create a budget Wednesday AM (9)
Nolan: partners: one on each side. Wednesday afternoon
Video 1: Pilots
Video 2: Advantage vs Inertia
K & 4/5 grade blog posts.
Classrooms will be visited. Students will be observed and videotaped as they collaborate. We will view videos of our students collaborting and discuss what we observed.